This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Hot Rods & Vintage Race Cars: Grand Bend Dragstrip 1965

Thursday, August 02, 2007

 

Grand Bend Dragstrip 1965






Many many thanks to Peter Wouters from Williams, AZ who contributed these pictures and articles. Peter was one of he first to race at Grand Bend Dragway back in 1965 with George Gray from London in a A/G Supercharged 1940 Willys Coupe named "Ramblin Woes."
Peter and George set a new Canadian record in '65 when they took the street eliminator class with a 10.46 ET at 135.12 MPH

Comments:
That happend in old time, but nice drag racing.
 
If you looking for cars that were manufactured between 1916 and 1925, it might be difficult to find specimens to add to your collection because they are rare and might be considered way too pricey for most people.
 
These kinds of cars make me remember one of my favorite shows back then: Herbie, the Love Bug. I really wanted to drive a Beetle back then and make it look like Herbie. I sure love vintage!
 
Hi, My name is Brian and I'd like to speak with you about your blog, please email me at your earliest convenience.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Google

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?