This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Hot Rods & Vintage Race Cars: Had a great time

Saturday, June 11, 2005

 

Had a great time

Well I had a great time at the drag races yesterday. The heat was unbearable and it didn't take long to go through a 12 pack of bottled water so next year I think I'll do the whole weekend and bring a trailer, that way I can have a fridge full of ice cold water and a shower to cool off with. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures because instead of carrying a bag full of camera lenses around I decided to bring just one lens, a 28-210mm macro zoom that pretty much gave me a full range from wide angle to telescope. The unfortunate part is that the focus ring on this lens stuck and wouldn't allow me to focus in on my shots, oh well I still have the memories.


FYI - Clay Millican won his fourth consecutive Hooters IHRA national event and 41st career Ironman when he overpowered Paton in the Top Fuel final. “I have a Canadian flag proudly hanging in the shop and that’s no joke,” Millican said. “There are a lot of memories at this place. Me and Mike (Kloeber) took a walk down the racetrack the other day and talked about different runs we’ve made here. I love racing here.”

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Google

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?